After a hardware failure of a Linux computer I took the chance to set up a Debian installation from scratch. So I saved the data that was important to a server, burned the Debian DVD and installed it on the computer.
When it came to networking it got a little more complicated: as the server is using the corporate network, it had to send a specific host name to obtain the IP configuration via DHCP. So that was what I did: I entered the host name and let dhcpclient do its magic. It took some time, but finally it was set up. All DNS entries for this host name and its corresponding IP were correct.